Tuesday, October 26, 2010

21 Weeks

We had an interesting night on Monday night...We were in bed and at about 9:30 the doorbell rings. I just assumed it was kids being pests but then someone started knocking. J went down to check and there was a man and 5 kids at our door. Apparently the kids had stolen two pumpkins from our porch and destroyed them. The man (a police officer who lives down the street) saw them do this. The man told the boys that he could arrest them which scared the hell out of the boys and even brought one to tears. Instead, he brought them to our house and made them apologize. The boys were told they needed to replace the pumpkins they stole...to my surprise we had 3 new pumpkins and an apology letter on our porch the next day!

And much to my annoyance, the intersection in front of our house was covered with the remains of several pumpkins this morning.

I know kids do stupid stuff and not that long ago I was doing stupid stuff but you don't appreciate how disrespectful and upsetting it is until you are an adult and a homeowner. So it got me thinking....what would I do if one of these boys were my son? And then in a sudden panic I realized someday I will have a teenager! Good god the prospects of parenthood can be terrifying. I feel like now that I am in the second half of pregnancy, I am starting to anticipate his arrival and all of the new experiences that will follow.

Speaking of new experiences, Baby V has been kicking up a storm over the past few weeks but this morning I was actually able to see my belly move! Feeling him move is one thing but actually seeing your belly move around might take some getting used to!!! But I admit, I am loving every minute of this new part of pregnancy. Every morning, baby boy wakes up shortly after I do and I lay in bed a for a bit with my hand on my belly, enjoying every kick and the reassuring feeling that we have made it through another day.

We were able to get one of the guest bedrooms painted and FINISHED over the weekend. It feels so good to have another room done and we are both very happy with the end result. Only one more bedroom to do and we will be done!!! Well, done with rooms that need to be repainted immediately. The family room and kitchen need a fresh coat of paint but those jobs would be best done by the professionals ;) Every additional room we get done makes me love this house more and more because it is finally starting to feel like us....like OUR home. Once February comes and goes this will be the longest I will have been at an address since 521 W. Reynolds St Pontiac, IL....9 years ago!

We start childbirth class next Tuesday! Early I know but we have decided to take childbirth classes on the Bradley method and they are once a week for 12 weeks. I will go into more detail next week.



Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment