I want to be angry. I want to have a reason, something to blame for this. But I know in my heart this is just the reality of our world. And I am even more sadden by the fact that we live in a country that may quiet possibly be incapable of change. At least change for the better. I have lost my hope.
Things like this seem to happen more and more frequently, hell it was only four months ago there was a mass shooting in my own community, but for some reason this one has hit me very hard. I can't help but mourn for the families of the 20 babies that were taken away just a week before Christmas. I can't imagine the pain they are experiencing at this moment. I have shed more tears in the past few days than I have in a very, very long time.
As a parent, I have learned that sometimes it seems like all I do is worry but the fact that I am going to have to worry every day that I send Jack to SCHOOL, just seems so unfair. It is becoming an ugly, hateful and scary world. I will do everything in my power to shelter and protect my sweet boy but it breaks my heart that this is the world that my son is going to have to grow up in.
I think you're right about not being able to change. What do we do to prevent tragedies like this aside from putting a metal detector at every door, bars on every window, and armed officers around ever corner? And at that point what kind of life is that for our kids? Is that better then keeping them locked away from society never given the chance to live just to ensure their safety?
ReplyDeleteSO many questions that will never have answers, just like the parents and families of all of those lost last Friday. I think it's completely unrealistic to think things like mass shootings will ever be a thing of our past. All we can do is love our children unconditionally and never take a for granted when you have the opportunity to for even one more day show them there is good left in the world and that they can be a part of that.
xoxo
Well said Linds. I've had some of the very same thoughts the last few days....we can't put them in a bubble, but it seems like nowhere is safe anymore! Dave and I were just talking about the type of school district we want to live in when Abbie is old enough to go to school...are any of them really safe anymore though? Love your new pictures. You all look wonderful and you look beautiful!
ReplyDelete