Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

When Jack was only weeks old, we discovered by some random chance that "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot was like a sedative to him. Turn it on and he would almost immediately stop crying and start listening intently. Like most things, it's effectiveness faded over time but it seems………..GORDON IS BACK!!!

Justin gave Mr. Lightfoot another chance a few night back and it's been working like a charm. Tonight I was on my own for bedtime and as usually as soon as you put Jack down in his crib he is not happy and will cry until you go up to sooth him down for the night. After about 15 minutes of crying I pulled up Gordon on the iPad, crawled into Jack's room (yes, I said crawl), and started playing "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". BANG! Silence. Didn't make another peep. 3 minutes into the song he was out. I played it again just to be safe and baby boy has been out like a light. Bless you Gordon.


Here's Jack and Gordon a few month ago...

For those of you who don't know who or what I am talking about….here he is for your listening pleasure. Happy Saturday Night!



Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment