As I rocked my little boy to sleep tonight, I got a little teary eyed. Jack is 3 months today and as challenging as these 3 months have been I realized tonight that I can never get them back and someday (all too soon I fear) I will miss these innocent nights rocking my boy to sleep. As much as I dread getting up at 3 am, I know I will look back at this time and remember our nights together sitting in his dimly lit nursery listening to the waves crash.
I wanted to rush through pregnancy with lighting speed but now that Jack is here I just want to hit pause and enjoy these days a little longer, make the hours go a little slower.
Happy 3 months Jack! I love you more than you will ever know and I feel so lucky to have a front row seat in your journey through life.
No comments:
Post a Comment