Saturday, May 14, 2011

Settling In

Jack turned 2 months on May 8th. It's funny because I am amazed that our little boy is already 2 months old but at the same time those 2 months have been the longest in my life. I am so wrapped up in what is happening in this minute that it has been hard for me to reminisce about the days gone by or have any anticipation for the future. Motherhood has become easier and more natural but my motto remains "One day at a time…"



With each passing day, Jack's personality is beginning to emerge and he is developing and sharpening new skills. We had his 2 month check up last Monday and he is up to 10 lbs 15 oz (birth weight was 6 lbs 9 oz), 22.5 inches (19.75 at birth) and his head circumfrance was 15.5 cm (14 cm at birth). After careful consideration, research and discussion we decided to have Jack vaccinated on an alternative schedule and opted to omit a few vaccinations all together. This would be another major parenting decision that we can only hope we are choosing right for our son.


Unfortunately, Jack has not learned how to sleep through the "night" which at this age is considered sleeping 5 consecutive hours. We have had a handful of night where he has gone 3 hours between 1 feeding. My nights with Jack consist of a feeding every 1-2 hours. 2 hours of consecutive sleep I can handle, it's the every hour that is killing me. I have my fingers crossed that we will have this little kink worked out by July!



On a more positive note, his evening fussiness has gotten remarkably better (hopefully I'm not jinxing myself!). Don't get me wrong, we still have an occasional hour of nonstop howling and time when he wants to be held BUT he will not allow you sit while holding him….so annoying! Mommy and Daddy are beyond thankful that the colic, gassy, fussy phase is coming to an end.



These days Jack is smiling like crazy…a sight I absolutely LOVE! It melts my heart every time he smiles and giggles at me. It has taken sometime for life to settle down and for me to be able to truly understand the wonderful privledge it is to be Jack's mother but these days I can't image my life without him. It's impossible to put into words how in love I am…



Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment