I am slowly trying to wrap up any outstanding projects. I feel like I don't want to get ahead of myself but at the same time we have pretty much reached the point where this baby could come at anytime. The house needs a good thorough cleaning and minor up keep until D-Day...ah if only I could find the motivation and energy. I wonder when that nesting burst of energy is supposed to kick in???
I have also slowly started to pack my bag for the hospital. I have Baby V's bag ready to go but mine is proving to be a bit more daunting. When I look at some of the "suggested packing lists" online it seems like they recommend everything but the kitchen sink...personally I would like to keep it minimal and essentials only but hey it's my first time so what do I know! My goal is to be ready to go by 37 weeks.
We also need to do a tour of the hospital and attempt to install the car seat in the coming weeks. Ahhhh, it's starting to get real. I haven't let my mind get wrapped around the fact that soon, very soon, Baby V will be making his way into the world. I don't know if it's possible to mentally prepare myself for the major change that is about to happen our lives.
One thing that is done (well we could still us a rug or two and the chalk board still needs to be finished) is Baby V's room! It's simple and I'm happy with how it turned out :)
Finally found a table! I was super excited to find this at Pier One and I got an AWESOME deal on it :)
AND...........I found some cute new bathroom decor!
(Toothbrush holder and Soap Dispenser)
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Lindsey
I LOVE the nursery!!! and I know what you mean it took me weeks to pack for myself. Merrick on the other hand packed in 2 minutes :) Can't wait until his arrival!
ReplyDelete